Colloidal silver is one of the most useful products to have on hand for emergency preparedness. The list of uses is nearly endless, from minor wounds to serious health issues, from disinfecting water to preserving food, colloidal silver is an essential item for anyone who likes to be prepared.
The antimicrobial properties of silver have been known and utilized for thousands of years. The ancients used to store their food and beverages in silver vessels to keep them fresh, and the pioneers of this country used to drop a silver dollar into their milk to delay spoilage. The primary reason people first started using silver utensils (silverware) and silver plates, besides for silver’s beauty, is for the health benefits of ingesting silver. Those that could afford real silverware were constantly ingesting tiny amounts of silver every time they ate or drank. When the plagues would come around, those were the people who tended to remain healthy and unaffected by the disease. Many who were not eating from silver fell victim to the pandemics.
How does silver kill germs?
Colloidal silver has been proven in lab tests (in vitro) to kill over 650 different pathogens. Each disease causing organism tested against colloidal silver was killed within 2-6 minutes of contact. No germs so far have shown any resistance to silver, unlike traditional antibiotics, and it’s likely none ever will.
“Silver’s association with anti-bacterial properties has long been established. It is only recently, however, that scientists have discovered why silver works. Quite simply, silver interrupts the bacteria cell’s ability to form the chemical bonds essential to its survival. These bonds produce the cell’s physical structure so when bacteria meets silver it literally falls apart.” The Silver Institute
Benefits of Silver for the Skin
Silver may be the best skin healing aide known to man. It works in two important and amazing ways. First, silver helps keep the skin clean and disinfected with its antimicrobial properties. Next, silver encourages fibroblast cells to revert into stem cells. Both of these features significantly increase the speed at which the body can heal itself. Fibroblasts cells are responsible for repairing the skin and are what you see when you look at a scar. When fibroblast cells turn into stem cells, due to the presence of silver, healing can take place with reduced scarring or sometimes none at all.
“The mechanism by which silver ions help rebuild tissue has been studied for more than a decade by Dr. Robert Becker of Becker Biomagnetics in New York…After several hundred cases, Dr. Becker believes that the technique works in three stages. The first stage is the chemical combination of highly active free silver ions with all bacteria or fungi present in the wound, which are inactivated within 20 to 30 minutes. The second stage occurs over the next few days. Silver acts on fibroblast cells to cause them to revert to their embryonic state, becoming stem cells. These cells are universal building blocks whose role is to reconstruct new tissue. In the final stage, silver ions form a complex with the living cells in the wound area to produce immediately convertible stem cells. The end result of this conversion is that the stem cells supply all the building blocks necessary to completely restore all anatomical structures.No other known treatment provides sufficient numbers of the embryonic or stem cells required for true regeneration of damaged or destroyed tissues in humans and animals.” Physician Patents Technique Using Silver Ions, Silver News July 27, 1999, a bi-monthly newsletter published by The Silver Institute.
Use of Silver in a Crisis Situation
When the conveniences of modern day living are interrupted, colloidal silver comes in very handy with it’s myriad of practical uses. For example, if water needs disinfecting, use one ounce of colloidal silver per gallon, shake, and wait 10 minutes.The water will then be safe from pathogens. Colloidal silver can also help to decontaminate, clean and preserve your food. Soaking or spaying food with colloidal silver water will sanitize it and significantly extend the shelf life. Adding about a tablespoon of colloidal silver per quart of liquid (such as soups, juices, milk, etc.) will help delay spoilage.The same amount added to canning jars gives extra insurance. In Mexico, everyone uses silver-based products to disinfect their produce and make it safe to eat. Otherwise, people would get sick from eating a salad.
If there is a threat of biological agents, wearing a face mask is a good idea, but coating that face mask with silver by spraying it with colloidal silver may enhance the effectiveness of the mask. Wounds of all kinds can be washed with colloidal silver, and all bandages will work better if sprayed with colloidal silver first. For burns, there is no better option than using silver. And it works just as well on plants, pets and livestock as it does on people. Tomato blight can be reduced or prevented by spraying the plant with colloidal silver. Kennel cough and tumors disappear when my dog is given colloidal silver. As you can see, every homestead needs colloidal silver on hand for the health of people, plants, and animals. The following is a non-exhaustive list of uses for colloidal silver in and on the body.
Silver Uses from Head to Toe
- Scalp: Dandruff and itchy scalp can be relieved by applying colloidal silver to the scalp. Use at least 2-3 times per day.
- Eyes: Colloidal silver can be dropped undiluted directly into the eyes to relieve irritations or help fight infections. Use 1-2 drops every hour as needed.
- Ears: Colloidal silver can be dropped undiluted directly into the ears to help fight infections. Use several drops as needed, then drain excess liquid out of ear by tilting head to the side.
- Sinuses: Colloidal Silver can be sprayed up into the sinuses (or, my favorite way, use a dropperful in each nostril with head tilted back until it drips into the back of the throat) to soothe and relieve sinus issues. Repeat as often as desired.
- Complexion: People report dramatic improvements in facial complexion when using colloidal silver or silver gel on their skin. Wash face with colloidal silver soap then apply colloidal silver or silver gel daily as needed.
- Teeth: Make your own colloidal silver toothbrush by spraying some on before and during the brushing of your teeth.
- Mouth and Gum Health: Swishing with colloidal silver supports healthy mouth and gums.Hold 1 tablespoon of colloidal silver in the mouth for at least a couple minutes and then swallow. Repeat 3-4 times per day.
- Aftershave: Spraying or applying colloidal silver after shaving can take away post-shaving irritation, redness and shave bumps.
- Sore Throat: Gargling with colloidal silver can help to soothe a sore throat. Swallow after gargling.
- Immune System Support: Taking colloidal silver boosts immunity and is like having a second immune system.
- Armpit Deodorant: Spraying colloidal silver or applying silver gel to the armpits acts as a natural and safe deodorant.
- Lung Infections: Using colloidal silver in a nebulizer is excellent for supporting lung health.Use for 5 minutes at a time, several times per day when needed.
- Food Poisoning: Immediately drink an ounce or more without holding under the tongue first.Repeat as often as necessary until symptoms subside.
- Sunburn & Burns: Colloidal silver soothes burned skin and promotes the body’s natural healing response. In fact, silver-based creams are found in every burn ward in the country.
- Insect Bites: Apply colloidal silver or silver gel to insect bites to eliminate itching.
- Poison Ivy/Oak: Colloidal silver can significantly reduce itching and accelerate healing.
- Cuts, Scrapes & Deep Wounds: Make your own silver bandages. Apply colloidal silver to all bandages and gauze pads at time of use to significantly reduce healing time.
- Boils: Applying colloidal silver to a boil is one of the most helpful remedies.
- Fungus: Try applying colloidal silver to any skin or nail fungus and see what happens!
- Nail Fungus: Try soaking a finger or toe with nail fungus in a shot glass filled with colloidal silver and see what happens! It’s best to soak at least 10 minutes at a time and repeat multiple times per day.The same shot glassful can be reused a few times.
- Jock itch: Spray colloidal silver or apply silver gel to affected area several times per day.
- Yeast infections: Douching or spraying with colloidal silver can give much relief when needed.
- Athletes foot: Applying colloidal silver or silver gel speeds healing.
Colloidal silver is an essential item in any emergency preparedness kit. Why would you want to be without nature’s safest and most powerful antibiotic and skin healer? For me, it’s right up there with food, water, and shelter in terms of importance. In times of crises, medicine will be hard to come by and will skyrocket in price.You will likely have numerous reasons to use colloidal silver, so you want to be sure you have a very high quality product, ready made and on hand.But not all colloidal silver is created equal.
Mountain Well-Being makes colloidal silver that has an extremely small particle size, the smallest on the market. This is the single most important factor for safety and effectiveness and it takes ultra-pure, laboratory grade water and state-of-the-art technology to make it possible. This exceptionally small particle size makes the product extremely effective and completely safe, and importantly, gives a very long shelf life. Guaranteed to last at least three years, Mountain Well-Being colloidal silver will last up to 10 years or more if stored properly. This gives peace of mind when preparing for the unknown. In what other ways do you like to be prepared?